The UJ libary has a Research Data Management team responsible to assist and support you with your research data management needs.
The UJ Library Research Data Repository is available where you can store and share your data. The data can be private or made available for public access. For more information on the Data Management Repository, please watch the following video:
What is a Data Management Plan?
A Data management plan is a formal document that describes what you will do before your research, during your research and after your research. DIRISA has already deployed its own implementation of the DCC DMPonline. This tool can be accessed on https://secure.dirisa.ac.za/SADMPTool/. Any queries/comments about the tool can be forwarded to dirisa(at)csir.co.za
Why do researchers need to complete a Data Management Plan (DMP)?
– Meet funding body grant requirements, e.g. NRF, NIH;
– Meet publisher requirements
– It helps you ensure your research data are accurate, complete, reliable, and secure both during and after you complete your research.
– It allows you to critically review your project and develop a suitable plan of action to overcome any issues.
– DMPs outline the practices for collecting, organising, backing up, and storing the data that will be generated (DIRISA, c2021)