Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
1. NEO'S FIRST ASSIGNMENT
Neo received his first university assignment and has to write a five-page essay on a given topic. Neo is going to be graded on his essay. Since this is his first assignment, Neo wants to impress his lecturer.
Neo has some basic knowledge on his topic and knows that the library can help him, but he does not know where to start.
Image courtesy of Phillip Martin
3. WHY INFORMATION LITERACY?
2. WHAT CAN THE LIBRARY DO FOR NEO?
- The library offers training to Neo and other students to equip them to use and understand the library, recognise that information is available in a variety of formats, determine when information is needed and find it, evaluate the quality of information, and use information ethically and legally.
- The library has professional staff that has the means and skills to help Neo become a competent and skilled learner.
- The library has all the resources to assist Neo with his academic journey.
Image courtesy of ju.se images
4. WHY DOES NEO NEED INFORMATION LITERACY SKILLS?
By applying information literacy skills, Neo is able to