Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The library is your home away from home and your gateway to academic success.
Library welcome from our Library Director
Learning Commons Librarian (APB)
Learning Commons Librarian (DFC)
Welcome to the UJ libraries
A warm welcome to all the first-year students. We wish you all the success with your academic journey.
Learn more about the library
Click on the image to learn more about the library.
We offer multiple services to you: click on the tabs to open
- Open-shelf collections: for loan
- Reserve collections: prescribed and recommended books
- Reference collections: dictionaries and encyclopaedias
- Full-text electronic journal databases
- Information retrieval, reference services and research support by professional staff.
- Inter-campus loans, that allows you to take out books from any of the five UJ libraries.
- Library tutors
- Lending services
- Special help and assistance to students with disabilities.
- Quiet study space
- 24-hour study space
- Discussion areas
- Learning Commons: space for undergraduates to meet and work
- Photocopying, scanning and printing
- Library facilities for students with disabilities
- Self-checkout machine (Meescan)
- Library App, downloadable from Google Play. It provides easy access to all the core library resources. The app is compatible with all devices. Follow this link to find more information about the app and how to download it.
- The library’s “Makerspace” facility is at DFC library. Here you can unleash your creativity by making use of the latest 4IR technology.
- The library offers face-to-face information literacy training in each of the library’s training rooms, as well as online training via multiple online platforms.
- With our blended information literacy programme, we combine online digital media with traditional classroom methods.
- Students can follow the online tutorials at their own pace and complete the assessments during their own time.
- Students attending the face-to-face training sessions can revert to the online tutorials upon demand.
Contact your library
||+2711 559 1293
||+2711 559 2171
||+2711 559 6752
||+2711 559 1018
||+2711 559 5666
Learning Commons Librarian (APK)
Learning Commons Librarian (SWC)
Specialist Librarian: Teaching and Learning