When thinking about the idea for your research, consider the following:
- Your passion, interest and realism
- You will have to ask yourself some fundamental questions, identify the right topic (free writing, identifying possible questions, reading up on the topic, your assumptions on what you know and don't know) will bring your proposal idea into focus
- How feasible is your research?
- Are you going to do groundbreaking research and blaze a trail?
- What is the scope of your research? do you want are you defending a position taken by yourself or others? Are you further developing an existing position?
Later on, the objective of writing your proposal will be to describe what you will do, why it should be done, how you will do it and to state your hypothesis.
Please note: any study that produces new data, information or knowledge is original. Any study that only interprets or presents information available elsewhere is not original.