Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is Lean Library?
University of Johannesburg Library proudly offers a brand new information accessing tool called LEAN Library.
Lean Library is a Library Access browser plug-in that allows you access to academic articles, books and other electronic resources, licensed by the UJ Library. If you start your search on Google or Google Scholar, the plugin will automatically link you to the full-text library resources. You will be prompted to sign in with your UJ credentials, when you reach an e-resource the library has access to.
Install the browser extension once and enjoy a simpler, faster way to get the full-text content.
- Remote access to the UJ library Electronic Resources
- Recognises the UJ library e-resources and then prompts you to authenticate
One login per browser session:
- Once UJ authenticated, patrons can go about their research accessing the e-resources
- Provides alternative legal routes to full-text articles and eBooks when you hit barriers
Need HELP to get started with Lean Library?
Access to UJ Subject LibGuides per Faculty
Access to A-to-Z Databases
How Does Lean Library Work?
The Purpose of Lean Library
- Simplifies access to subscribed e-resources, wherever your researchers are.
- Provides alternative legal routes to discover full-text articles and eBooks when patrons hit barriers
In order to enjoy the functionalities of Lean library, please download the Lean Library browser extension first.
Gain easier access to library resources and assistance wherever you are:
- Let Lean Library work for you and your students
- Download the browser plug-in on your laptop or computer
- After downloading, select your institution (University of Johannesburg) and start researching.