Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
UJLink: Library Catalogue
What is an eBook
An eBook (electronic book) is a book in digital format. It can be accessed from a computer or handheld device. The University of Johannesburg’s staff and students have access to a range of e-books, some bought individually, others belonging to packages/collections.
eBooks LibGuide Pages:
Benefits of using eBooks
Why using Online Books?
- Access 24/7 from on and off campus with Internet access.
- Search Library Catalogue to trace Print & Online Books
- You don't need to physically be at the library in order to get access to e-books.
- They cannot be lost or stolen
- The text is searchable
- In many cases unlimited numbers of users can access the same book at the same time
- No fines for overdue books
- The fonts can also be re-sized for a better reading experience
Quick Guide to find UJ Library e-books
All eBooks subscribed/purchased are available on the UJ Catalogue. There are a few ways to find eBooks:
Subject specific Library Guides for your assignments & research needs
UJ Clodebate: Creating Tomorrow: "Should Books Be Shelved" 18 Sep 2019