Podcasts are audio files, usually MP3s. Subscribing to the feed alerts you when new content is added. Download and listen to the audio files on your computer or take them with you on your MP3 player.
GIS SOFTWARE; GOOGLE EARTH; GOOGLE OCEAN
- ArcExplorer (Download): Is a lightweight GIS data viewer written in Java that is used to perform basic GIS functions (e.g., view, navigate, and query). It is a downloadable application that operates in a stand-alone environment and does not need to connect to a server.
- ArcGIS Explorer (Download): Is a free downloadable application that offers an easy way to access online GIS content and capabilities. With ArcGIS Explorer, you can connect to a variety of free, ready-to-use datasets hosted by ESRI. Combine these with your own local data or other 2D and 3D Web services to create custom maps and perform spatial analysis.
- ESRI: GIS and Mapping Software
- GeoCommunity Software: The source for GIS and Mapping Software
- Google Earth (download software, 5.0) The world's geographic information at your fingertips.
- Google Ocean (download software, 5.0) Visit the deepest part of the ocean, the Mariana Trench. Explore the ocean with top marine experts including National Geographic and BBC. Learn about the climate change, and endangered species.
- OpenSource GIS This effort represents an attempt to build a complete index of Open Source / Free GIS related software projects
- PlanetGIS (South Africa) PlanetGIS is a fast, friendly and compactGeographic Information System (GIS) software suite that improves on mainstream GIS software in terms of graphic rendering speed, usability, database connectivity, manageability of extremely large vector and raster datasets, cost effectively and productivity
GIS MAPS (South Africa)
BiodiversityGIS (South Africa)(Maps; Spacial Dataset; Projects)
MadMappers (African GIS data, per country) "GIS data accessible to all".
PlanetGIS (South Africa)